Situated alongside the A120 between Horsley Cross and Wix this 4-acre irrigation pond is the second of two lakes controlled by the club here. A relatively new water, which is being established as an easy access specimen water. Carp nudging 30lbs and Catfish to 50lbs reside here, with 'nuisance' species kept to a natural minimum. The Carp and Cats have displayed impressive growth rates over the past few years and this is very much an up and coming venue. Depths range from 6ft along the reed-lined margins to 20ft in the middle. There is some weed growth in the summer months. Pegs are evenly spaced along the lake and staggered on opposing banks to avoid problems during busier times. Vehicular access is available to both fish-able banks.
Temporary Restrictions (6/7/2021 until further notice):
1) Min. 15lb Breaking Strain Mainline must be used.
2) No Zig Rigs permitted.
Otter fence rules:
There are some basic rules that must be followed:
1) Gates to be kept closed at all times, and never propped open.
2) No leaning gear against the fence or passing your gear over the fence.
3) Loading/unloading of vehicles is to be done only at one of the 4 pedestrian gates and cars should not be parked behind swims, they should be returned to one of the parking areas at either end of either bank.
4) Damages to the fence must be reported immediately to the Fisheries Officer/Emergency mobile number.
5) The fence is electrified - signage is in place, do not touch and be aware of this especially if you bring junior members.
1. Open all year round.
2. No guests are allowed.
3. Day fishing is from Dawn ‘til Dusk only.
4. Night fishing is allowed with a night permit, or a Winter Ticket only (guests are not allowed).
5. Parking is inside the gate, at your own risk of getting stuck.
6. A maximum of 2 rods per person/ per swim all year round.
7. Minimum of 12lbs breaking strain line and a 42” landing net.
8. Catfish handling equipment must be carried eg. glove, very large unhooking mat.
9. Fishing from numbered pegs only, no stalking fish.
10. Bait boats are not permitted.