Situated just off of the A137 towards Manningtree in the village of Ardleigh, this 8-acre irrigation pond has quickly become a very well respected big-fish water. Catfish to 90lbs are present with 7 different fish over 60lbs recorded in the 2017/18 season. A number of specimen Carp are also present with the largest around the 40lb mark with a number quickly approaching 30lbs. A small number of Bream and Tench are present with fish of both species over 8lbs recorded. This water has been lovingly established over the past 10 years from the baron landscape it once was into the tree-lined, feature filled water it now is. Depths range from 6ft to in excess of 30ft, there is heavy weed growth in areas and a number of undulations and bars on the bottom to fish to. Fishing can be tough at times but the rewards speak for themselves.
1. Open all year round.
2. Day fishing is from Dawn ‘til Dusk only.
3. Night fishing is allowed with a night permit, or a Winter Ticket only (guests are not allowed).
4. Parking is inside the gate, on the concrete, the car park on the left-hand side or behind the treeline on the right-hand side. No vehicles to be parked in swims or visible from the lake.
5. No more than 15 anglers allowed.
6. A maximum of 3 rods allowed per person/ per swim all year round.
7. Minimum of 12lbs breaking strain line and a 42” landing net.
8. Catfish handling equipment must be carried eg. glove, very large unhooking mat.
9. Bait boats are permitted